RESOLUTION NO. _____________
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS, COUNTY OF SAN MATEO, STATE OF CALIFORNIA
* * * * * *
RESOLUTION 1. APPROVING AND ADOPTING THE FINAL COYOTE POINT RECREATION AREA MASTER PLAN, DATED SEPTEMBER 2006; AND 2. CERTIFYING THAT THE MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION AND THE MITIGATION MONITORING AND REPORTING PLAN ARE COMPLETE, CORRECT, AND ADEQUATE AND PREPARED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CALIFORNIA ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY ACT; AND 3. ADOPTING FINDINGS; AND 4. ADOPTING THE MITIGATION MONITORING AND REPORTING PLAN
RESOLVED, by the Board of Supervisors of the County of San Mateo, State of California, that
WHEREAS, the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), the State CEQA Guidelines and the County CEQA Guidelines provide that the County must certify that a Mitigated Negative Declaration prepared for a project that may have significant environmental effects has been completed in compliance with CEQA; and
WHEREAS, a Mitigated Negative Declaration was prepared and circulated for a 30 day public review from September 24, 2007 to October 23, 2007 and was made available to the public and distributed in accordance with the requirements of CEQA; and
WHEREAS, the San Mateo County Parks and Recreation Commission, an appointed Commission to the San Mateo County Board of Supervisors, held a public hearing on October 4, 2007 and received verbal and written comments on the Mitigated Negative Declaration, which were made a part of the record of comments on the Mitigated Negative Declaration and conditions of approval were made; and
WHEREAS, Public Resources Code Section 21081.6 requires that when a public agency adopts findings pursuant to Public Resources Code Section 21081 (concerning potential significant environmental impacts that will be generated by a project being approved), the public agency must adopt a Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Plan for the changes to the project that it has adopted or made a condition of project approval in order to mitigate or avoid significant effects on the environment; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors received and the Board of Supervisors has heard, and has been presented with and is familiar with all of the information in the administrative record, has reviewed and considered the information in the Mitigated Negative Declaration and responses to comments for completeness and compliance with CEQA, the State CEQA Guidelines and the County’s CEQA Guidelines, and has independently reviewed and analyzed the Mitigated Negative Declaration and Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Plan.
NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS HEREBY DETERMINED AND ORDERED that the Board of Supervisors, based on the foregoing facts and circumstances, and the administrative record, which includes the public written and verbal testimony received on the Mitigated Negative Declaration, find and determine that:
1. The Final Coyote Point Recreation Area Master Plan dated September 2006 is approved and adopted.
2. The Coyote Point Recreation Area Master Plan Mitigated Negative Declaration dated December 2007 consists of the following documents:
a. The Initial Study and Negative Declaration
b. Comments and letters received
c. Responses to comments
d. The Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Plan
3. The Mitigated Negative Declaration is certified complete, correct, and adequate and prepared in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act and applicable State and County guidelines.
4. That on the basis of the Initial Study and comments thereto, there is no substantial evidence that the project will, if subject to the mitigation measures contained in the Mitigated Negative Declaration, have a significant effect on the environment.
5. That the Mitigated Negative Declaration reflects the independent judgment of the County Board of Supervisors.
6. That the mitigation measures identified in the Mitigated Negative Declaration, agreed to by the County Parks Department, placed as conditions on the project, and identified as part of the public hearing, have been incorporated into the Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Plan in conformance with California Public Resources Code Section 21081.6.
7. That the mitigation measures identified in the Mitigated Negative Declaration shall be required conditions of approval.
8. That the Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Plan is adopted.