COUNTY OF SAN MATEO
Department of Housing
November 24, 2008
BOARD MEETING DATE:
December 16, 2008
Honorable Board of Supervisors (Sitting as the Board of Commissioners of the Housing Authority)
Duane Bay, Director, Department of Housing
Resolution approving revisions to the Housing Authority’s Administrative Plan for the new Housing Readiness Program
Adopt a resolution approving revisions to the Housing Authority’s Administrative Plan for the new Housing Readiness Program.
Commitment: Offering a full range of housing choices.
Goal(s): #9. Housing exists for people at all income levels and for all generations of families.
In April 2008, the Housing Authority of the County of San Mateo completed its Annual Plan which covers the period starting July 1, 2008 through June 30, 2009. The Annual Plan included information related to the Housing Readiness Program.
• Participant selection: A selection committee of community partners will be utilized to screen applications to the Housing Readiness Program ;
• Eligibility: Applicants to the Housing Readiness Program must be homeless as defined by the Housing Authority’s policy and must agree to participate in the required case management with the goal of becoming self-sufficient;
• Waiting list: The Housing Readiness Program will have its own waiting list;
• Time-limited assistance: Participants in the Housing Readiness Program have a maximum of 36 months rental assistance;
• Portability: Housing Readiness Program participants may only use their rental assistance in the County of San Mateo;
There is no Net County Cost associated with this action.