Department of Housing
November 22, 2010
BOARD MEETING DATE:
November 30, 2010
Honorable Board of Supervisors, (sitting as the Board of Commissioners of the Housing Authority of County of San Mateo)
Duane Bay, Director, Department of Housing
William Lowell, Executive Director, Housing Authority
Resolution Establishing Salaries and Benefits for Unrepresented Management and Confidential Employees
Adopt Resolution No. 2010-12 establishing salaries and benefits for unrepresented management and confidential employees of the Housing Authority of the County of San Mateo for the period of October 1, 2010 through September 30, 2013.
The Housing Authority concluded negotiations with AFSCME Council 57 in October 2010 concerning terms and conditions of employment. The Memorandum of Understanding for this union will be presented to the Board of Commissioners on November 30, 2010 covering a thirty-six month term from October 1, 2010 through September 30, 2013. With the conclusion of bargaining with AFSCME, the Housing Authority adopts a resolution establishing salaries and benefits for unrepresented employees.
The recommended Resolution for management and confidential employees covers a thirty-six month period. The following summarizes the major elements in the resolution.
• October 1, 2010 through September 30, 2013 (three years);
• Employees to pay 5% of monthly premiums effective 10/1/2011
• Employees pay an additional 3%, for a total of 8% of premiums, effective 10/1/2012;
• Payment of $400 (one-time) before the end of December 2010;
• 1.5% increase on 10/1/2011;
• 2% increase on 10/1/2012;
• Increases from $325 to $425;
• Adds one floating holiday to be used by 6/30/2011.
County Counsel has reviewed and approved the Resolution as to form.
There is no Net County Cost associated with this action. HACSM is funded 100% by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.