AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE COUNTY OF SAN MATEO AND PENINSULA VOLUNTEERS, INC.
This Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into as of the last date entered below and is between the County of San Mateo (the “County”) and Peninsula Volunteers, Inc. (“Peninsula Volunteers”).
WHEREAS, Peninsula Volunteers is a pioneer in senior services that provides high quality and nurturing programs for the aging in south San Mateo County through a variety of programs, including the Early Memory Loss Program, Rosener House Adult Day Services, Little House, the Roslyn G. Morris Activity Center, and Meals on Wheels; and
WHEREAS, the San Mateo County Health System’s San Mateo Medical Center has a used 2004 Ford E 350 Ten Passenger Van, Vehicle Identification Number 1FTSS34L34HB48661 (the “Vehicle”), that the County of San Mateo no longer requires for its operations and that the County desires to donate to Peninsula Volunteers for use in that organization’s programs; and
WHEREAS, Peninsula Volunteers desires to accept this donation from the County and the County and Peninsula Volunteers agree that it is in the parties’ interest to set forth in this Agreement the terms and conditions that govern this donation.
NOW, THEREFORE, THE PARTIES AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
1. The County hereby agrees to transfer ownership of the Vehicle to Peninsula Volunteers and Peninsula Volunteers agrees to accept ownership of it, and both parties agree that this transfer of ownership shall be without any monetary compensation to the County.
2. After execution of this Agreement by both parties, the County and Peninsula Volunteers will execute all documents necessary to transfer ownership of the Vehicle from the County to Peninsula Volunteers and Peninsula Volunteers will undertake all actions necessary to ensure that Peninsula Volunteers’ ownership of the Vehicle is registered/recorded with all required agencies, including, but not limited to, the California Department of Motor Vehicles. Peninsula Volunteers agrees that the Vehicle will be used in support of its senior services programs in the County.
3. Peninsula Volunteers agrees that the County makes no representations or warranties regarding the condition of the Vehicle and Peninsula Volunteers agrees to accept the Vehicle in its then-existing condition at the time Peninsula Volunteers accepts delivery of it. Peninsula Volunteers shall have the opportunity to inspect the Vehicle prior to accepting delivery of it and by accepting the Vehicle, Peninsula Volunteers attests that it is aware of the Vehicle’s condition. Upon acceptance of delivery of the Vehicle, Peninsula Volunteers shall assume full legal responsibility for the Vehicle and for all activities related to its operation.
4. Prior to accepting delivery of the Vehicle, Peninsula Volunteers will present the County Risk Management Department with reasonably satisfactory evidence of appropriate insurance coverage for the vehicle and its operation.
5. Peninsula Volunteers agrees to indemnify and defend the County, its employees and agents from any and all claims, damages and liability in any way occasioned by or arising out of Peninsula Volunteers’ operation of the Vehicle.
COUNTY OF SAN MATEO PENINSULA VOLUNTEERS, INC.
By: _________________________ By: _________________________
Jean Fraser, Chief, Health System Title: