BOARD OF SUPERVISORS, COUNTY OF SAN MATEO, STATE OF CALIFORNIA
* * * * * *
RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE:
1. PRESIDENT OF THE BOARD TO EXECUTE AN AGREEMENT WITH THE CITY AND COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO FOR THE DISTRIBUTION OF FY 2010 URBAN AREA SECURITY INITIATIVE (UASI) FUNDS TO SAN MATEO COUNTY IN AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $2,342,219 AND A TERM COMMENCING APRIL 1, 2011 THROUGH JANUARY 31, 2013;
2. SHERIFF OR SHERIFF’S DESIGNEE(S) TO SIGN APPENDIX B, GRANT ASSURANCES; AND
3. SHERIFF IN HIS CAPACITY AS OFFICE OF EMERGENCY SERVICES (OES) AREA COORDINATOR TO EXECUTE CONTRACT AMENDMENTS WHICH MODIFY THE CONTRACT TERM AND/OR SERVICES SO LONG AS THE MODIFIED TERM OR SERVICES IS/ARE WITHIN THE CURRENT OR REVISED FISCAL PROVISIONS.
RESOLVED, by the Board of Supervisors of the County of San Mateo, State of California, that
WHEREAS, the Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI) is a Federal Department of Homeland Security grant that provides resources for the unique equipment, training, planning, and exercise needs of 64 selected national high threat urban areas; and
WHEREAS, the City and County of San Francisco has been designated as the grantee for UASI funds granted by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) through the California Emergency Management Agency (CalEMA) and to serve as the Fiscal Agent for the Approval Authority; and
WHEREAS, as part of the FY 2010 UASI grant requirements, the County of San Mateo must enter into an Agreement with the City and County of San Francisco to receive funding in an amount not to exceed $2,342,219 and a term commencing April 1, 2011 through January 31, 2013; and
WHEREAS, this Board has been presented with a form of such Agreement, and has examined and approved same as to both form and content, and desires to enter into same;
NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS HEREBY DETERMINED AND ORDERED that the:
1. President of the Board to execute an Agreement with City and County of San Francisco for the distribution of FY 2010 Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI) funds to San Mateo County in an amount not to exceed $2,342,219 and a term commencing April 1, 2011 through January 31, 2013;
2. Sheriff or Sheriff’s designee(s) is hereby authorized to sign Appendix B, grant assurances; and
3. Sheriff, in his capacity as OES Area Coordinator, is hereby authorized to execute contract amendments which modify the contract term and/or services so long as the modified term or services is/are within the current or revised fiscal provisions.
* * * * * *